[mythtv-users] OT: best way to connect IDE harddrives and dvd

Yann Lehmann aristide at tiscali.ch
Sun Sep 17 09:11:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am ready to set up my first mythtv system, and I need an advice on how
to connect the different ide drives.

The system will have a 60GB hd (/boot, /, swap and /home), a 250GB hd
for mythtv and a dvd, all drives are IDE (or PATA).

Should I connect both hd to the first IDE controller (one as master, the
other as slave) and the dvd as master on the second controller, or have
one hd per controller, both as masters, with the dvd as slave (but on
which controller) ?

I have read best advices on all combinations, but as I would like to
mirror the /home partition on both hds, I would like to avoid the most
evident mistakes.

Thank you for any advice.

Yann