[mythtv-users] Mythmusic WAF very low.

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Sep 17 03:14:39 UTC 2006

> Has anyone had succes making MythMusic user friendly?
>
> We have several hundred CDs ripped to our server and my wife "Just wants
> to listen to a song".
>
> We don't want to spend hours making playlists, we just want to be able
> to find a song and queue it up or play it now.
>
> Why is this so hard?  Is mythmusic geared towards techies who make
> playlists or something?
>
> Yeeesh it's clunky for just wanting to play a song or two.  Hit 3 to
> edit a playlist and then fumble around and have to back out to get it to
> play? What am I missing?

It took me nearly a year to find this:
When you first enter Play Music, the cursor (on my system anyway) is
highlighting the list of playlists etc. What you want is the All Music
selection.

Hit 'Left' to highlight the left panel and then 'Up' to get to the "All My
Music" tab and then hit 'Right' to get to the same list as using '3' would
have when making a playlist. You can just go to the artist/album/track you
want and hit Enter/OK/Select and it will play :-)

--
Robin Gilks