[mythtv-users] What's the new (0.20) way to add channels to existing lineup?

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 23:43:51 UTC 2006

In 0.19, if I had a line-up all set with only the channels I wanted
then later decided that I want one the channels I had previously
deleted from myth and unselected from zap2it, I would go back
to zap2it, re-select the channel and wait for the next mythfilldatabase
to push that channel back into myth.

In 0.20, I noticed that you can't do this any more and that
mythfilldatabase --help says "New channels are automatically
removed for DVB and HDTV sources that use DataDirect."

So how would I re-add a DVB/HDTV channel (or "add" if a new channel
came into my line-up)?  Without X?

I also noticed that --manual seems to have no
effect on mythfilldatabase in my setup.

-Dennis