[mythtv-users] channel switching

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 15 22:03:05 UTC 2006

On 09/15/06 16:33, Sergei Gerasenko wrote:

>I upgraded from 0.18 to 0.20 a couple of days ago. It's working pretty
>well -- some of the 0.18 problems are gone. But at least one new one has
>appeared. When I'm watching live tv, I can't switch the channels. The
>channel stays put whether I try to change it from the EPG or with the
>arrow keys. The picture freezes for a second, then the info screen down
>at the bottom of the screen appears -- describing the channel I'm
>switching to. But that's it. Seems like according to the log the change
>does occur.

What input are you using?  Are you using an external tuner?

Sounds like either a problem with your channel change script or an
improperly connected video source/input connection.

>I must admit that I didn't upgrade my database in any way. I looked for
>the sql files mentioned in "UPGRADE" (the file in the source directory),
>but aside from mc.sql, there was nothing else. So I assumed that the
>upgrade was handled automatically.  Could that be the reason?

Upgrades are handled automatically.  After all, you're not upgrading
from release 0.10, are you?  From the UPGRADING file you mentioned:

UPGRADING FROM RELEASE 0.11 and up