[mythtv-users] mythmusic stabilty issue

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:11:58 UTC 2006

> > Are you sure the new RPMS have already been released for FC4?  I've been
> > running smart install mythmusic on my FC4 system periodically throughout
> > the day and it is still telling me that the most recent version is
> already
> > installed.  I see that libmyth, mythtv, mythtv-frontend, mythtv-backend
> and
> > mythtv-setup have new versions available, but I haven't yet seen a new
> RPM
> > for any of the plugins.  Last I heard Axel was working on it, but the
> > plugins RPMs were still being compiled...
> >
> > Brad
> I think you are right.  Axel is still working on the plugins.  They will
> come
> out in time.

FYI, I just installed the recompiled FC4 packages that are currently
available (mythtv, mythtv-frontend, mythtv-backend, mythtv-setup,
myth-themes and libmyth) and that fixed the mm_support error in MythMusic.
I haven't really had a chance to test it much yet, but it now definitely
starts and runs for at least several seconds without crashing the frontend.
That's a big step up from before.

HTH,
Brad