[mythtv-users] Wrong Channel Icon

Tim Scholl tascholl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:01:24 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/15/06 00:57, Tim Scholl wrote:
>
> > After a new install I have one channel that displays the incorrect
> > icon.  When I look at the url for the icon file it is correct, but the
> > wrong one displays.
> >
> > I have a copy of the icon file, not being a database guru, how can I
> > point the database to the correct icon?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>

> I'm guessing--since you said "url"--you're talking about MythWeb (for
> future reference, that would be important inforamation).  If so, just
> delete everything from the "data/tv_icons" directory underneath MythWeb
> and let it fix itself.
>
> Mike

Actually I was refering to the program guide, but also displays wrong in
Mythweb as well.

I did a query on the channel table   select * from channel where
channum="31";
and the bad entry looks like this:

2031 | 31      | 31     |        2 | SPIKETV  | SPIKE TV                 |
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/etv.jpg

The etv.jpg is for the following entry E! Entertainment

The query   select * from channel where channum="51";
returns this with no icon information.

2051 | 51      | 51     |        2 | ETV          | E! Entertainment
Television  |

This listing has no icon file listed in the database.

I did run     mkiconmap.pl --grab --share=/tmp --out=iconmap.xml
and     mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map
again but if didn't make any changes.

I really need the syntax for a replace and specify the correct jpg name

 and the syntax for  an insert to put the path and icon name into the other
entry.

Hope that helps clarify my problem

Thanks.

Tim