[mythtv-users] mytharchive/mythreplex fails

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Sep 15 20:44:04 UTC 2006

Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> Paul Harrison wrote:
>

>>> STARTING DEMUX
>>> Audiostream: layer: 2  BRate: 192 kb/s  Freq: 48.0 kHz frame size: 576 (
>>> 0:00:00.024 ) *** stack smashing detected ***: mythreplex terminated
>>> Aborted
>>>

>> If you remove the --fix_sync parameter does it then work?
>>

> No.
>

>> Maybe you could run it under valgrind to see what happening?
>>

> valgrind reports 0 errors. Any extra options, I should pass to valgrind?
>
> Thomas

Never had a great deal of success with with it but probably something
like this:-

valgrind --tool=memcheck --error-limit=no --leak-check=full --log-file=mythreplex-valgrind.log -v -- mythreplex --demux  --fix_sync -o /extra/tmp/work/1/stream -v 224 -a 192 "/extra/tmp/work/1/newfile.mpg"

If you are really lucky you may just be able to run mythreplex under gdb and get a backtrace but the stack may be too badly corrupted to get anything useful.

Paul H.