[mythtv-users] Most Reliable FS. XFS maybe causing crash

Trey Boudreau trey at treysoft.com
Fri Sep 15 19:29:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:10:31PM -0600, Mark wrote:

> I have about 700G on a SW RAID with XFS.  I am seeing crashes and it may be
> due to XFS oopsing the kernel.

I, too, thought I had problems with XFS oopsing the kernel.  It turns
out I had a bad NIC (integrated on the motherboard, unfortunately), that
failed only under heavy load.  I've got 3+ TB of RAID-5 storage on 3
different hardware RAID cards on 3 three different machines, and all of
those systems use XFS for the media partitions.  I can't speak for
anyone else, but in my experience I've never had a problem with XFS.
You might want to look elsewhere.

-- Trey