[mythtv-users] M-Audio Soundcard

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Fri Sep 15 19:20:53 UTC 2006

I am in the market for a new soundcard, and want something decent to
connect to my Rotel amp. This is a second sound card, just for
mythmusic. The main onboard soundcard is used for everything else,
connected directly to my TV. I am very interested in the M-Audio 2496 as
it seems to offer good performance and gold-plated rca connectors rather
than 3.5mm jacks, for a good price.

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this card and
*nix/mythtv, and also whether the digital pass-through works. I won't
want the pass through initially, as I don't have a surround sound amp,
but wanted to know if this card would be suitable in the future.

Thanks