[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:08:13 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Gregory Keeney <gkeeney at panasas.com> wrote:
> Dylan Semler wrote:
> > Configure options are --prefix=/usr/local --enable-xvmc
> > --enable-xvmc-opengl --arch=i686 --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb
> > --enable-opengl-vsync --tune=`uname -i` --cpu=`uname -i` --enable-mmx
> >
> Turn off the opengl-vsync. It is (if I recall) *not* compatible with
> nvidia's recent releases.

Yeah, that's what I thought,  I just compiled it on recently as
someone suggested that to try.  I believe it can be toggled on and off
in the frontend anyways.  I'll get rid of it for future compilations.

> Also, don't use --enable-xvmc-opengl. The xvmc-opengl is not terribly
> robust at the moment. If I recall, it works but is implemented as a
> proof of concept and is slower (and I think you have to do more than
> just --enable in order to get it compiled in right).

Yeah, I've been reading that thred you posted too.  Even with the flag
in there it's not enabled, but I left it in incase it xvmc-openGL does
become stable, it will be compiled in automatically.  (I store my
configure arguments in a script so that I can update svn easily
without having to remember to enable everything.

> Can you post the output of you ./configure ?

# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86 (i386)
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     no
Apple Remote     no
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    yes
HDHomeRun sup.   yes
CRC Ip Rec sup.  yes
FreeBox support  yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     yes
XvMC VLD support yes
XvMC pro support no
XvMC OpenGL sup. no
XvMC libs        -lXvMCW
Mac accel.       no
OpenGL vsync     yes
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl    no
Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

WARNING: When using --enable-proc-opt you must include the
         output of ./configure along with any bug report.

libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h is unchanged

Cheers,
Dylan