[mythtv-users] M-Audio Soundcard

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Fri Sep 15 17:08:10 UTC 2006

It works well.  I have a MAudio Delta DiO 2496 and I've been using it with Myth for quite sometime using the optical out.  You will have to use ALSA, but I think that's pretty much the standard now.

It is certainly a rare card, so sometimes when I have glitches I wonder if it's something to do with support for the card.  My initial install was extremely painful, but that was back around Myth version .16.  However, all in all I'm very pleased with it.

The main reason that I got this card initially was that I wanted a card that supported optical and required no buttons / I/O on the front of my machine.  This is fully enclosed in my case and has all I/O on the back of the machine.  If there are more common cards now that have these features I might not make the same decision.

-b