[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

Gregory Keeney gkeeney at panasas.com
Fri Sep 15 16:35:12 UTC 2006

Dylan Semler wrote:
> Configure options are --prefix=/usr/local --enable-xvmc
> --enable-xvmc-opengl --arch=i686 --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb
> --enable-opengl-vsync --tune=`uname -i` --cpu=`uname -i` --enable-mmx

Turn off the opengl-vsync. It is (if I recall) *not* compatible with
nvidia's recent releases.

Also, don't use --enable-xvmc-opengl. The xvmc-opengl is not terribly
robust at the moment. If I recall, it works but is implemented as a
proof of concept and is slower (and I think you have to do more than
just --enable in order to get it compiled in right).

Try changing those two options and see what happens.

Can you post the output of you ./configure ?

--
Gregory Keeney