[mythtv-users] Compiling MythPlugins with AAC Support

damiendusha at netspace.net.au damiendusha at netspace.net.au
Fri Sep 15 14:20:33 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile MythPlugins with AAC support. However, despite specifying
the flag, and getting together all the dependancies, it hasn't been successful.
 That is:

 ./configure --enable-festival --enable-aac

Configuration settings:
<snip>
        OpenGL        support will be included in MythGallery
        EXIF          support will not be included in MythGallery
        OpenGL        support will be included in MythMusic
        FFTW v.3      support will be included in MythMusic
        SDL           support will be included in MythMusic
        AAC           support will not be included in MythMusic
        FESTIVAL      support will not be included in MythPhone

I have tried firstly:
yum install faad2 faac

With no luck.

I have also tried buiding both (faad2 2.5 and faac 1.25) from source - with
require some tricks in themselves!  I have partly documented my findings so far
on the talk page of the MythMusic Wiki.

Distro is FC5, attempting to run 0.20a plugins.  Mythtv compiled fine and I have
been watching TV.

Is there something obvious I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
Damien Dusha.