[mythtv-users] Focus issue in EPG?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 15 03:51:09 UTC 2006

On 09/14/06 22:21, Sam Wong wrote:

>I dunno if it's a windows focus issue or not..
>
>I had setup X with 1 server layout with 2 screen, the mythfrontend is
>started on :0.1. I have myth-builtin-lirc enabled. I runs ubuntu dapper
>with gnome, this problem shows up on both 0.19release and 0.20release.
>
>Everything is fine except that in EPG, if the mythfrontend is not
>focused, I could only move the cursor once (up right left down) with my
>remote, but not more than once. It's the same even if I quit EPG and
>going back into it.

Yep.  Focus issue.

>If the mythfrontend is focused, it is fine and working good.
>
>It's just the EPG, I have no problem with other functions that use up
>right left down arrow, such as changing channel, menu selections.

And the prompt you get if you try to exit and you have the "Confirm
Exit" option enabled and others (but I don't remember them all).

>Is that gnome/gdm related?

Technically, Metacity related, but basically, yes.  See thread at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722 (but,
please, note that it doesn't require running xine--that was /only/ the
program that caused me to find a workaround; and, as a matter of fact,
the "bug" in xine that caused it has been fixed).  You are definitely
having the same focus issue, but it's root cause (what causes the focus
issue) is different.  Nevertheless, the information in that thread applies.

Oh, and with 2 screens, you'll probably have to put the mouse cursor on
the one with mythfrontend running for it to work.

Mike