[mythtv-users] Got my FX5200! Couple installation questions.

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Fri Sep 15 03:18:21 UTC 2006

I think a single video card with 2 feeds out- 1 computer monitor and 1
mythtv composite out is just fine.

I run a combined Mythtv FE and normal workstation- composite feed to TV,
normal kbd/mouse/VGA for my other work.  It works OK with 0.19 except for
when some of the Qt popup panels want to grab focus from my computer
monitor.  I have it set up with 1 X11 server, 1 display, 2 screens
attached (mythtv logically "below" normal computer screen).  AMD Sempron
running at 1.6GHz, 1GB memory, have had no performance problems.  This is
also my mythtv BE box (a combined FE/BE).  I don't do HD, just 768 lines x
512 (PAL digital TV DVB-T).  Quality is v good, I can see when the
stations have done a bad job at encoding, so I figure my setup is quite
good enough until I get a big plasma and a dedicated HD mythtv FE.

I can post my config files if anyone is interested... I am going to cut
over to 2 separate X servers at some stage which should get rid of the
focus problems.

Cheers,

Indulis