[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 18:32:41 UTC 2006

Add me to the list of people having problems with HD playback.  In
fact I was just in the process of compiling information so that I
could post about this very problem.  My frontend system has an AMD
3100+ processor, with 1 GB of memory, and an FX5200 video card.
What's strange for me is that when I first setup Myth earlier this
year I was able playback HD.  I did have some issues, but overall it
was acceptable.  Then I didn't do much with HD throughout the summer.
Now it has regressed to where I can't watch HD reliably anymore.
Upgrading to .20 seems to have made things worse, but I was having the
problems before I upgraded.  I've played around with a bunch of the
settings (with and without XvMC, with and without audio buffering,
etc.) but haven't found the right combination (if there is one).  With
different setting I get different results; choppy playback, slow
playback, etc., but none are acceptable.