[mythtv-users] MythWeb Custom Recording

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Sep 14 14:05:53 EDT 2006

Sam Wong wrote:
> Michael Lynch wrote:
>
>> ...snip...
>>
>> When accessing public.mythtv.me from anywhere outside of my house (the
>> internet) MythWeb correctly rewrites the file paths as such:
>> http://public.mythtv.me:8080/pl/stream/1042/1158240600
>>
>> When accessing private.mythtv.me from any machine inside of my house
>> (my private LAN) MythWeb fails to rewrite the path as such:
>> http://private.mythtv.me:8080/tv/recorded
>>
>> When accessing public.mythtv.me from any machine inside of my house
>> (my private LAN) MythWeb fails to rewrite the path just as above.
>>

>> Does that make any more sense or help to see what's going on?
>>

> Personally i don't like that behaviour too. So I hacked the
> modules/util.php, the video_url() functions.

What did you do?  I don't see anything in the code that would be doing
this.  The *only* thing that would be doing this is if you've manually
overridden the video URL in the settings, or if you're connecting via a
windows box internally and it's rewriting things to the myth:// URI format.

It sounds to me like Michael has hard-coded the video URL in the
settings (and if he's not using auth, that would explain the differences
between internal/external, with the external cookie using the defaults),
and I just noticed a bug with this that's not adding the file location
itself to the override URL, but I'll commit a fix to that shortly.

-Chris