[mythtv-users] MySQL server has gone away

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 14 17:02:21 UTC 2006

Sergei Gerasenko wrote:
> Cool. I was going to try that by after reading your suggestion on
> upgrading, I think I'm going to give that a shot. I actually tried to
> compile 0.20 this morning but it gave me this:
>
> In file included from ttfont.h:4,
>                  from osdlistbtntype.h:38,
>                  from tv_play.cpp:19:
> /usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from osdlistbtntype.h:38,
>                  from tv_play.cpp:19:
>
> I do have ftheader.h but it's in /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftheader.h
>
> I'll try to figure this out tonight but if anybody knows what this is all about, I would appreciate a tip!

I forget what distro you are using so I am assuming you install by
packages. Its most likely you are missing a -devel package. I found 'yum
whatprovides XXXX' to be very helpful however in the end I wound up
installing apt and synaptic and just selected the -devel packages for
everything I had installed. (I stopped using yum after it wound up in
dependancy hell.)