[mythtv-users] bt8x8: internal RISC error

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:40:04 UTC 2006

I'm using mythtv-0.19-fixes on FC5 with a ATI TV Wonder PCI.  I am
doing sound capture via the built-in snd_bt8x8 module (i.e. not my
sound card).

Every few days, I get the follow message in my /var/log/messages...

ALSA /var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/alsa-driver-1.0.11/pci/bt87x.c:287:
internal RISC error, status 0x50044808

... and then all my recordings done on that card have no sound
captured.  My ivtv-based capture cards continue to operate fine.

Anyone know how I can resolve/prevent this problem from occurring?

Also, once this happens, my only option is to reboot the machine.  Is
there a way to restart alsa without having to reboot?  I Googled this,
and read suggestions about restarting the alsasound service, but
alsasound doesn't seem to be started as a service in my FC5
installation.

Thanks!