[mythtv-users] Ati 9100IGP to PAL tv help

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 13:20:48 UTC 2006

> Are you sure you have GL vsync working? Until I had that enabled, bob
> deint either displayed an unstable image (wobbling up and down at
> approx display frequency) or a completely unwatchable streaky mess,
> depending on other settings.
>
> kerneldeit is good but not as good as a synchronised bob for motion
> deinterlacing. With bob, there's no motion combing artifacts that are
> sometimes visible with kerneldeint.
>
> One other thing, bob isn't good for me if I reduce the image capture
> size. Using 720 or 704 x576 looks great but below a certain number of
> horizontal lines (can't remember exactly), bob starts to look much
> worse than kerneldeint again...
>
> Cheers,
> Wilf.

I don't know for definite that I have GL vsync working.  I know I've
got harware acceleration as I can enable opengl menu transitions in
Myth and the I can also do:
glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering"
direct rendering: Yes

but whether that automatically means the Vsync timing is working, I don't know.

I know I shouldn't have to do deinterlacing, but without it I have
lots of motion combing artifacts.  Why Bob doesn't work with Live Tv
is a bit of a mystery at the moment as it apears to work fine with
stuff I've recorded.  My radeon driver is version module version 4.0.3
or so it says in the logs.

The quest for perfect Tv out continues...

Chris