[mythtv-users] Higer load in .20

barchanski at poczta.fm barchanski at poczta.fm
Thu Sep 14 11:47:48 UTC 2006

Allan Stirling napisał(a):

> And as another datapoint, I see no problems on my Geode
> running at 800Mhz.
>
> If you're concerned, I would suggest compiling with:
> configure --compile-type=profile >rest of your normal
> options here>, then reading up about oprofile.

While I did not have an opportunity to do any extensive research, I tried yesterday mplayer -fs /dev/video0. CPU was around 20% when playing live tv stream this way.

When playing Live TV using MythTV, CPU usage consistently exceeds 40%, with deinterlacing switched off. Same applies to playing already existing recordings.

Andrzej