[mythtv-users] 0.20's done

Trey Thompson trey at verustech.com
Wed Sep 13 18:08:31 UTC 2006

> > > Actually, on my box, it DID say that, and when I saved the
settings,
> it
> > > restarted MFE automatically...?
> >
> > Odd. It's quite possible I missed the text and the reboot in the
> > excitement of looking for new settings and features.
>
> The text is there, but could be a little clearer: 'Changing this
requires
> restart.'  It does not automatically restart.

Interesting.  I OBVIOUSLY trust you!  :)  But I saw the FE disappear, I
saw my KDE desktop, then MFE reappeared.  ??

> > I'm talking about the overall main menus. The slow fades with OpenGL
> > would be completely intolerable (instead of just very annoying) if
> > menu navigation wasn't possible until the fades were done.
>
> Are you using a remote, or a keyboard?  The fade time seems just about
> right
> for the responsiveness of remotes that I've been using.  I've been
> planning
> on making it configurable later on, though.

Keyboard at the moment.  Since I don't see any fades, or the blinking
myth talked about, I assume I'm not getting it "activated".  I know that
later, I manually restarted MFE several times.  I'll try again tonight.