[mythtv-users] bt878 sound issue on Fedora Core 5

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:29:34 UTC 2006

On 9/1/06, Andrew Martin <andrewcmartin at msn.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  How do I verify that WinTV is outputting audio?

I usually do this by simply hooking up a pair of headphones directly
to the LINE-OUT (or AUDIO-OUT) jack of the WinTV capture card.

I just wanted to chime in that I have noticed that when I upgraded my
kernel to 2.6.17, I also lost sound from my bt8x8-based ATI TV Wonder
PCI card.  However, when I downgraded my kernel back to
2.6.16-1.2133_FC5, sound came back.  So now, I'm stuck on this 2.6.16
kernel until the problem is fixed.