[mythtv-users] mythweb streaming videos

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:31:36 EDT 2006

On 9/13/06, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm almost certain ( but I can't check / verify ) that the old behavior
> was when you selected a 'preview' image via mythweb/tv/recorded
> you'd get a http link to the file in /mnt/store.  i.e. the link would be
> something like:
> http://server/mythweb/1005_20060911190000.mpg
> and I put a symbolic link in my mythweb directory to my /mnt/store
> directory and I was able to click on the picture and start downloading
> the mpeg file.
>
> NOW... ( for a while ).... the picutre now links to:
> http://server/mythweb/pl/stream/1014/1149642000
> and I click on that ( default installation of mythweb with
> the .htaccess file changed to point to my database )
> I get the "An unknown module was specified" error.
>
> I do have:
> modules/stream/handler.pl
> but nothing else is in that modules/stream directory.
>
> This is in a 'fresh/clean/new' mythweb directory on my
> webserver.
>
> ... so on a fresh, new, clean install of mythweb....
> ( from svn... I use rsync to copy the mythweb
> directory to my webserver ) assuming that the .htaccess
> file that comes with it is changed for the db access...
> what should happen when you click on a preview image?
>
> mythstreamtv  - whatever it is called - does not appear
> to be part of mythtv or mythplugins from svn so I have
> never installed it.

Jack, I'm sure the link used to point to the file directly too.  I
have a clean installation of mythweb and the problem is exactly as you
describe it.  I suppose this is a problem no one has faced before, and
it may be tied to using the upgrade path for mythtv (not mythweb)
instead of a clean install.  I couldn't investigate further last night
because I couldn't figure out how to get the php server logs.  I'll
look into it further and see how it goes.

> jack

-Akshat