[mythtv-users] Recording time too short?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 13 05:31:52 UTC 2006

On 09/13/06 01:08, Thomas Börkel wrote:

>Sergei Gerasenko wrote:
>

>>Not sure if it's me or myth, but my scheduled recordings are
>>consistently 5 seconds short of the "projected" recording time. I don't
>>

>That's normal. I guess it's the time to initialize the capture cards.
>So, I think it does not stop 5s earlier but starts 5s later.

Right.  See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/21064#21064
and http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/21068#21068
(they're back-to-back in the thread, so just click on the first link and
read two posts :).

>>29:55". That's how I found out that it was 5 seconds short. Actually I
>>first noticed it when I was watching an episode of the Simpsons and the
>>recording stopped in the middle of a scene at the end of the show.
>>

>And that extra 5s would have done it? ;-)

Simpsons oftens ends a few seconds after the listed end time.  If you
don't want to lose that time add a 1-minute end late to the /recording
rule/ (i.e. not the global "Time to record past end of show (in
seconds)") and beware that doing so may cause conflicts--even with
back-to-back recordings on Fox.

Mike