[mythtv-users] YUM update for .20?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Sep 13 04:48:58 UTC 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Andy Burns wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> Andy Burns wrote:
>>
>>> most plugins are installed, but none of them show in menus,
>>> tried un/re install no different. Using Qt painter, also some icons
>>> (but
>>> not the text labels) disappear when selecting with arrows, using
>>> minimalist-wide theme, perhaps the theme isn't fully 0.20'ised
>>
>> I guess I'm happy to know it's not just me? :)
>> I use Project Grayham Wide normally and assumed it was a theme issue
>> so I switched to a couple of others with the same results.
>
> OK, I managed to fix this, I updated to tonight's RPMS from atrpms,
> then
> realised I had a mish-mash of packages installed, some individual
> packages, others from the myth meta-packages (e.g mythtv-suite) and
> also
> some 0.19 themes not updated for 0.20.
>
> I removed the stray themes, then removed the livna packages that were
> clashing for libmp4ff.so (faad2) and put back the atrpms equivalents,
> then reinstalled myththemes and mythplugins meta-packages.
>
> Finally I made sure I had default myth and mythosd themes selected,
> and
> now I do have all the 0.20 plugins in the menus, just trying out
> mytharchive, looking forward to plenty of GB of free disk space
> again :-)
>
> Internal DVD player working nicely, and found in another thread
> that the
> MHEG interactive TV needs enabling under setup and that works a
> treat too.
>
> Unfortunately I'm seeing the odd mythbackend crash, will look for a
> pattern to it, I'm on x86_64, with v0.19 the backend was rock
> solid, it
> tended to be frontend that occasionally crashed.
>
> Still, I'm very happy with 0.20, thanks to developers and packagers
> alike ...

I've tried a complete uninstall and compile from source but I
couldn't get lirc enabled. So I tried a reinstall from ATrpms and I
experienced the same thing. No plugins - except this time mythweb
didn't work at all. I guess I'll try it all again tomorrow and see
how it goes. Glad you're up and running.