[mythtv-users] Newb Question

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Tue Sep 12 20:15:14 EDT 2006

You'd be surprised, but here's the breakdown (sans pricing since I'm not
allowed to share my vendors pricing publically):

Silverstone Aluminum case LC17
Antec 550W NEO Low noise HE P/S
Motherboard (955X7AA-8EKRS2 w/ 8 port SATAII RAID5/6 option)
Intel DualCore 3.2Ghz (BX80553940T)
Upgraded Silverstone heatsink/fan (Nitrogon NT06)
4Gb Corsair DDR2 PC5400 memory (4x1GB)
Memory heatsink/fins
3x500 SATAII WD 16Mb cache HD w/ 3 year warranty
Plextor 16x (every format but HD/BR) SATA DVD drive
3.5'' USB2/FireWire400 & 800/52 type media reader, CPU + Ambient Temp reader
Leadtek Winfast 128Mb DDR 16xPCI-E VGA/DVI/HDTV
Happauge WinTV PVR 500 MCE Kit (w/ remote)

Grand total was $2500. Priced out at Newegg was $2250 + shipping...

I didn't think it was all that much til I realized it wouldn't
completely replace my Cox tuner/DVR nor my current DVD unit since its
also my speaker output/amp.

Oh yeah... and it wasn't *just* going to run MythTV, but also run
Evolution, Firefox, etc as my normal Linux box... as well as some BB &
Nagios monitoring. And I was considering having it store my ripped movie
collection and making it available to my system at work (I have a 10Mb
Cox business feed at home and three T1's trunked for 4.5Mbps at work).