[mythtv-users] Capture Card

Nathan Mace nmace at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 12 19:04:36 EDT 2006

I'm using the latest release of Knoppmyth.  I'm have a decent amount
of Linux experience, but this is my first try at Mythtv.  And my
Linux experience I mean with using Linux with Samba, Apache, etc,
etc.  I've never had to deal much with Linux + weird device driver
issues.

I'm having trouble getting my capture card to work.  According to
dmesg, I have WinTV PVR 250 card.  Is that the same as a Hauppauge
250 card?  Farther down in the dmesg text it mentions "Hauppauge
model 32032".  If all of that is fine, any idea why I can't it to
work?  Mythtv tells me on one of the setup screens that it can't
probe /dev/video0.  I checked, that doesn't exist.  Any idea what my
next step should be?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nathan