[mythtv-users] tivo series 3 released

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:37:14 EDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Dean Collins <Dean at collins.net.pr> wrote:
> My solution to that was always going to be to perform the reverse
> engineering outside of the USA's jurisdiction and then sell privately
> via the web, customs aren't going to block you from selling once off's
> into the USA. The amount of pirate software coming into the USA every
> day is a good indication of that.

DMCA prohibits the importation of these devices as well.  While that
might not affect a company outside the US jurisdicition, if someone
from the company is inside the jurisdiction, or travels inside (even
to catch a connecting flight), they can face punishment.

Also, your customers would face liability.