[mythtv-users] YUM update for .20?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 12 16:58:52 UTC 2006

On 09/12/06 12:31, Claude Boucher wrote:

>As for the problem with mythgallery, I symlinked
>
>/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/gallery-ui.xml to
>/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Myxer/gallery-ui.xml
>
>Now the gallery works fine in Myxer.

That does absolutely nothing (with only two possible exceptions, below)
as files in default are used if they don't exist in the theme
directory.  The only way that would do something useful is:
    a) if Myxer has a broken gallery-ui.xml (which is my guess--it
probably doesn't have the submenu) and you replaced it with a link to
the default version--although, deleting or renaming the original would
accomplish the same thing (i.e. the link is extraneous).  (I.e. it's
getting rid of the original gallery-ui.xml that fixes things.)
    b) if Myxer is a widescreen theme and you're forcing it to use the
non-wide (i.e. default's instead of default-wide's)
gallery-ui.xml--although, since the one in default-wide works, that's
not the case.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/209145#209145
for how to fix a--and please make sure the author of the Myxer theme
gets the update.

Mike