[mythtv-users] information recovery question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 12 11:53:49 EDT 2006

On 09/12/06 04:59, Stuart Morgan wrote:

>On Tuesday 12 September 2006 09:42, jack snodgrass wrote:
>

>>I have this file name ( and a lot more )
>>1018_20060716210000.mpg
>>based on this name, can I use a sql query to get the show id
>>and other show info that this used to be associated with?
>>
>>Also.... what do the numbers 1018 mean... I get that the
>>rest is a time stamp... but the first numbers have always confused
>>me.
>>

>1018 is the channel id.
>
>The channel id and time together uniquely match the recording in the recorded
>table (fields chanid and starttime).
>
>e.g. "SELECT title, subtitle, description FROM recorded WHERE chanid='1018'
>AND starttime='2006-07-16 21:00';

Although, if the data is not showing in the recordings list (i.e. if
it's truly an "information recovery" question), it's not in the recorded
table.  Therefore, something like:

SELECT title, subtitle, description FROM oldrecorded WHERE chanid=1018
AND starttime='2006-07-16 21:00';

will allow you to query your previously recorded shows.

Also, check out myth.rebuilddatabase.pl in the contrib directory.  It
does this automatically.

Mike