[mythtv-users] IRA-3 Experiences / Programming WOL

Douglas E. Warner silfreed-mythtv at silfreed.net
Tue Sep 12 08:55:12 EDT 2006

I'm looking for an IR receiver that should support universal remotes as well
as having some PC wakeup features.  I've seen the iMon, but I don't want an
actual power button interrupt (unless someone can confirm that it will
generate an ACPI event).  I've come across the IRA-3 which has a Wake-on-LAN
(WOL) header to plug into your NIC/Motherboard which sounds like it could be
ideal.  I'm considering the OEM version and it's a good bit cheaper than the
iMon.

http://www.home-electro.com/ira3.php

I've read that it should work with LIRC using the IRMan serial protocol.
However, I'm not sure how to program the IRA-3 as to which IR signal should
trigger the "wakeup" command.  There is a windows binary provided, but that's
not ideal.

I'd also like to hear what others' experiences have been.  I've found these
threads that were mostly negative:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/147038#147038
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/189204#189204
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/147954#147954

I'd like to hear some positive reports if there are any ;)

-Doug