[mythtv-users] Physical TV screen size calculations

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 22:46:43 EDT 2006

I may be buying a plasma or LCD TV soon and I'm trying to work how big
it needs to be. I measured the viewing distance and unfortunately it's
about 4m. I say unfortunately because from what I've read that means I
need a screen that's at least 50" - not only is that going to be damn
expensive, it's not going to go down too well in the WAF stakes.

Are my calculations correct? I know there was a thread on this once
but I can''t find it now.

Regards,
Phill