[mythtv-users] channels.conf for SF Bay Area?

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Mon Sep 11 22:34:04 EDT 2006

Hello--

I just moved from the East Coast to the West Coast and need to re-set
up my channels.conf. The make_atsc_chanconf.pl script with dvb-apps no
longer seems to work; it seems antennaweb.org has changed something
about their output format such that the script no longer successfully
scrapes the website.

Then I tried using ./atscscan atsc/us-CA-SF-Bay-Area to generate my
channels.conf, but that is kind of a chicken-and-egg problem: it will
only generate a channels.conf for what I am able to receive off the
air with the current antenna orientation.

I'd rather start with a working channels.conf, and then adjust my
antenna until azap says I can get the channels I care about, rather
than repeatedly running ./atscscan until I get the channels I care
about (it takes longer then just running azap on a known set of
frequencies).

Can anyone share a channels.conf for the SF Bay Area Peninsula?

Thanks,
--Rob