[mythtv-users] Anyone using two HD cableboxes with firewire

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 03:24:45 UTC 2006

I hate to post this again for the ones that already saw it but I'm sure
there is someone else out there with two HD cableboxes using firewire. I
can't make the channel change properly on the boxes.

I just received my second SA3250HD cable box from Charter and plugged
directly from the second cable box to an additional firewire port, not daisy
chaining. Test-mpeg2 works great and I can get video from both and Myth sees
both ports no problem. The only problem I am having is the channel change
program only seems to work with my new box and now when I am on my old cable
box it changes the channel on my new box. I am not sure what the recommended
process is for this, two channel change programs or maybe daisy chain the
boxes to fix it? For others with multiple firewire cable boxes how does your
channel changing work. Thanks for any help