[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Channel change script for Myth TV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 18:12:17 UTC 2006

On 09/09/06, Ramanraj Vamsi <ramanrajvamsi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
>  One more thing I still haven't found the code set for my HUMAX ND-1000C(?)
>  So,how can I make my change channel script work for my myth tv?

Raj,

I suggest you read through the blog again \slowly\, especially on the
section for configuring the IR blaster. The whole point of running the
send_power_script is to determine which codeset is the correct one for
your STB, not just to see blinking lights on the dongle.

When the script has shown you which power code turns off your STB, you
then need to remove all of the other blaster definitions from
/etc/lircd.conf, leaving just the correct codeset for the IR blaster
\and\ the codeset for your PVR-150 remote control.

Importantly, you need to note the name of the codeset that turns off
your STB when you run the send_power_script, as this is the name you
need to put in the channel change script. Also, once you have removed
all of the incorrect codesets from your lircd.conf file, you should
rename the number keys. In the blog's config file, they are named like
"KEY_0" or "KEY_0". The channel change scripts normally want the
numerical buttons to have names like "0" or "1" - this is so MythTV
can just pass the channel numbers to the script.

Once you have identified the correct codeset, reconfigured the
channel_change script to use the name of the correct definition, and
renumbered the numerical buttons as above, you \should\ be up and
running.

Nick

--
Nick