[mythtv-users] New HTPC case from Antec

Julien Fourgeaud julien.fourgeaud at tut.fi
Sun Sep 10 12:59:20 UTC 2006

On 9/9/06, Adel Sarhan <asarhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have this case and I can confirm that the VFD works with MythTV. The VFD
> is actually an OEM Soundgraph iMon without an IR receiver. I used the Linux
> drivers and LCDproc from http://venky.ws/projects/imon and it works like a
> charm. I haven't really tried to get the volume knob to work.

I can confirm that it works.
The know works well with Lirc 0.8.1-CVS (driver imon-knob).

> I initially thought there might be an IR receiver because most iMons have
> one. I looked around on the Soundgraph forums and somone from Soundgraph
> said the Antec iMon it didn't have one. They also said there wasn't really a
> place for someone to add their own. I decided to try the lirc imon module to
> confirm that there is no IR receiver. The display works fine with the lirc
> module, but I couldn't get anything from the IR.

There is no IR on the board, it's lacking the IR diode and IR control chip

> I did disassemble the VFD display, and it wouldn't be too hard for someone
> to add an IR receiver using hot glue or something.

It would be possible, however the protective screen has a dark layer
around the VFD, not sure that the IR would go thru, testing needed.

The case is really nice, however I have an AM2 motherboard and finding
a silent heatsink/fan for the processor is a bit of a headache as the
case is so low profile.

--
Julien Fourgeaud
Tel FI : +358 445 819 086       Mail FI : julien.fourgeaud at nospam-tut.fi