[mythtv-users] How do I transfer recordings from old disk to new one?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 04:22:52 UTC 2006

I'm upgrading my system from FC3 with a 80GB disk to a fresh install
of FC5 on a brand new 320GB disk. I'm just about there, but I can't
work out how to transfer the recordings off my old hard disk onto the
new one. My plan was:

1) Put both disks in and boot off the new one with the old disk as a slave.
2) Mount the xfs partition on the old disk.
3) Copy the recordings frmo there onto the new disk.

I thought I could boot off the new disk with the old one as a slave
but whenever I boot with both disks in I get "Read-only file system"
errors on boot up and then the boot hangs on "Starting system logger".
It doesn't seem to matter which is primary or which one I boot off -
if they're both in there this is what happens.

Any ideas how to get around this?

(Also, an off topic, much less important question - my new disk is
320GB but shows up as 305GB when I do a "df -h". How come? Is it a
1024 vs 1000 thing?)

Regards,
Phill