[mythtv-users] Mythtv on xbox

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Sep 9 03:47:35 UTC 2006

John Davis wrote:
> Does anyone have any advice on upgrading the mythtv frontend on an xbox?
>
> I had installed myth-frontend on my xbox a year ago. I recently
> upgraded my backend to .19.2
>
> Of course, I now get the infamous "backend speaks protocol version 26
> and I speak protocol version 15" message on my xbox. Being that it is
> debian based, I tried to apt-get an updated mythtv frontend, but the
> mythtv repository owner seems to have gone away. Does anyone know of
> any debs or a way to compile mythtv on the xbox (it fails the
> configure when trying to compile the tarball.)

Two paths here. One is to install all the dependancies and compile your
own and the other would be to look back thu the list and find where the
maintainer moved his repository. (look back about 60 days) I dont have
the repo info as I upgraded my xbox to svn a few weeks ago and prefer to
compile from source. Svn runs nicely on the xbox and its going to be
released in a few weeks so you might as well upgrade.