[mythtv-users] help with air2pc board setup with Fedora FC5

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Fri Sep 8 13:37:08 UTC 2006

jack snodgrass wrote:
> I have an air2pc board setup on a FC4 box.
>
> I want to move it to a new,  Fedora FC5 box.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers to a webpage that will show me what I need
> to do with FC5.
>
> I thought that most of the hd tv drivers and things were merged into the
> latest kernels.
>
> I'm not sure what else I need to do....
>
> I've copied my firmware file to the correct directory.
>
> when I do
> modprobe dvb-bt8xx
> I get a bunch of stuff loaded and dmesg shows:
> Linux video capture interface: v1.00
> bttv: driver version 0.9.16 loaded
> bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
> bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
>
> I think I'm missing something... I don't have a /dev/video*....

For Air2PC you need to load b2c2_flexcop_pci not dvb-bt8xx. And you will
not get /dev/video* as these are analog devices that Air2PC doesn't
have. You should get something like this instead:

$ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw----  1 mythtv video 212, 4 Aug 22 22:09 demux0
crw-rw----  1 mythtv video 212, 5 Aug 22 22:09 dvr0