[mythtv-users] MythMusic Bounty Ideas

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Sep 8 07:39:29 UTC 2006

> One "would be nice" feature suggestion:  make it usable without a full
> display (ie, with the TV turned off).  When you're just listening to
> music you don't need the TV on, so why should you need to turn it on
> just to select a playlist or to play a particular track or album?  It
> would be good if it were usable with just an LCD for feedback (or a
> VFD, as on my Silverstone case).  I know Mythmusic uses the LCD to
> display what's playing, but I've never been able to choose music with
> just the LCD display.  Of course, very little info can be conveyed on
> such a little display, so it would be a challenge.

I use the LCD to select music all the time - either using a IR remote or
using the 6 push buttons on the LCD display I have (Up, Down, Left, Right,
OK, Esc). All the nav menu items display on the LCD so that you can get to
the Play Music option (Classic menu this is Down, Right, Right) then to
select something to play use Up/Down to select the playlist then OK or
Left (to get to the All My Playlists) then Up (to All My Music) then Right
to start browsing the tree of artists. Once you've got the place you want,
press OK and MUSIC!!!

Using the IR remote is easier as I have a jumppoint on a button to go
direct to Play Music - selection is then the same.

--
Robin Gilks