[mythtv-users] Two frontends on one machine

Rett D. Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Fri Sep 8 02:54:40 UTC 2006

>>Yes you can provided you use a different X screen.
>>You'll need to TV adapter though, you can't watch the same channel on
>>the two screens at the same time

I gave this a shot, and it seems to work with a couple of caveats:

1.  The audio from both frontends is mixed through the soundcard
(should have expected this, is there anyway to split the audio to a
different card?)
2.  The resolutions of both mythfrontends is identical - I would need
them to be different, i think this might be a command line option.
3.  The remote controls both frontends simultaneously, what one does the
other does -  this would also need to be separated to be useful

I think there are command line options to specify configuration file
path as well, so this might fix most of the issues....

Rett