[mythtv-users] Truncated-deletes patch no longer truncates

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 21:40:05 UTC 2006

Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com> says:
> The v3 version that you are using (?) does not have the problem from #2242.

Yes, you remember correctly that I am still running your
gradual-delete3.patch. Which, in turn, brings me right back to square
one. If someone can whip up a version of what is currently in SVN and
scheduled for 0.20 that can patch cleanly onto the 0.19-fixes code I'd
mightily appreciate it and go ahead and try it out, but otherwise I'll
proceed on as before: a) Wait for 0.20 and/or b) hope the newest
firmware on my NAS (I'm traveling at the moment and my VPN isn't
working right so can't remotely reboot the NAS) will fix what is, as I
mentioned, almost certainly an inode-related issue.

Boleslaw, by the way, you may find it interesting that when using NFS
on the NAS the truncating file gets renamed into a .nfs-xyz form
similar to the cifsxxxx form I reported to you in
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/208889#208889>,
except a) the truncation still works, even with the previous firmware
update that apparently broke truncation under cifs, and b) the
.nfs-xyz file properly goes away when the truncation is completed, so
no need for me to jury-rig the type of solution I detail in
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/209499#209499>.