[mythtv-users] PVR 150 IR Receiver cable with HomeBrew Serial

Mark Lesmar buckortwo2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 19:59:01 UTC 2006

hi - if the your pvr-150's IR receiver dongle has the same pin-out as my pvr-350, then you can use the IR receiver dongle in your homebrew receiver: on the 2.5mm jack: outer pin is ground, inner pin is +5 and middle pin is signal -- the receiver dongle creates low resistance between ground and signal when it sees the IR light from the transmitter -- I believe that's how other IR detectors (as listed on lirc.org/receivers.html) work ! - M