[mythtv-users] Watching TV through a frontend - how is it supposedto work?
Steve Daniels
steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 7 08:21:19 UTC 2006
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-
> bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Alan Chandler
> Sent: 06 September 2006 23:16
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Watching TV through a frontend - how is it
> supposedto work?
>
> I have now got a backend and frontend installed on different machines.
>
> The menus etc seem to work, and I think I am talking to the backend,
> because I
> can get an (albeit empty) program guide for the channels I have set up.
>
> Attempting to Select the Watch TV menu, the screen goes blank for a few
> seconds and I then get thrown back at the point where I can select that
> menu.
>
> In the log running in the terminal window from whence I started it, I get
> lots
> of lines like this
>
> 2006-09-06 23:12:51.009 Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION:
>
> but also
>
> 2006-09-06 23:12:51.013 TV: Attempting to change from None to None
>
> Would could be going wrong, and how can I fix it?
>
> --
> Alan Chandler
> http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk
Also, could you confirm that running the frontend on the same physical
machine as the backend actually works?
Thanks
Steve Daniels
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.1/440 - Release Date: 06/09/2006
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list