[mythtv-users] Trying to use non-PVR-350 audio for watching TV.

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 03:34:30 UTC 2006

> Hi,
>
> Forgive the repetition, but I think this question may have been lost in
> the noise of another thread.
>
> I have a PVR-350 that I've looped into my sound card. I've unchecked the
> box telling MythTV to use the PVR-350 for audio, so audio should now go
> via the sound card, right?
>
> Well, if I use MythMusic, the sound DOES go via the sound card. Great.
> However, as soon as I watch TV (either live or a recorded programme),
> the sound goes back to coming out of the TV (via the relevant SCART
> pins, I presume, from the PVR-350). Why is this?
>
> Is it not possible to watch TV via the PVR-350's MPEG2 decoder, whilst
> having the sound from that stream go via the sound card? Must one choose
> to have NEITHER the audio NOR the video go via the PVR-350 for the sound
> to be routed via the sound card?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Macdonald               | Most people feel that everyone is entitled
> ian at caliban.org             | to their opinion.
> http://www.caliban.org/     |

In addition to connecting the cable into the sound card, you have to also
unmute the port that you connected it into using your favorite mixer
software.  These should have more information:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/157367#157367
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/189707#189707

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com