[mythtv-users] Theme Question

James Meyer james.meyer at operamail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:17:59 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 00:04, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> I was just wondering if *all* areas of Myth can be customised by theme
> changes? For example, list pages like recordings, program guide etc etc.
> All I have seen in many themes are menu type changes.
>
> If I were to fully customise a theme, where would I start looking for
> internal screen look-and-feel files?
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Bruce,
To customize a theme you will need to edit the xml files for that theme.
The XML files involved are:
base.xml         movietime-ui.xml    mythnative-ui.xml  theme.xml      weather-ui.xml
controls-ui.xml  music-ui.xml        netflix-ui.xml
gallery-ui.xml   mytharchive-ui.xml  news-ui.xml        ui.xml
game-ui.xml      mythburn-ui.xml     status-ui.xml      video-ui.xml

If a theme is missing a file it uses the default  file provided by mythtv.
This is the reason why most themes look the same, they use the defaults.

One place to start looking for more info is   http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Theme_development_guide.

-jm
jmeyer.us