[mythtv-users] Watching TV through a frontend - how is it supposed to work?

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Wed Sep 6 22:16:18 UTC 2006

I have now got a backend and frontend installed on different machines.

The menus etc seem to work, and I think I am talking to the backend, because I
can get an (albeit empty) program guide for the channels I have set up.

Attempting to Select the Watch TV menu, the screen goes blank for a few
seconds and I then get thrown back at the point where I can select that menu.

In the log running in the terminal window from whence I started it, I get lots
of lines like this

2006-09-06 23:12:51.009 Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION:

but also

2006-09-06 23:12:51.013 TV: Attempting to change from None to None

Would could be going wrong, and how can I fix it?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk