[mythtv-users] File system setup

Rick ve1gn at nb.sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 6 21:46:29 UTC 2006

> What have some of you setup for storage, and how has it worked out for you?
>
> Thanks so much!
> Chris McCuller

I was using xfs on a dedicated backend and it worked well, very fast
deletes.  I've just moved my storage over to an Infrant ReadyNAS NV with
4 320gb Seagate 7200.10 drives on their propriety xraid.  It's a little
pricey but its main use was for backing up my important stuff and as
that only took up a miniscule portion of the available space I decided
to use it with mythtv.  The only file system available though is ext3.
I haven't really noticed much difference with the deletes and .20 is
supposed to have incremental deletes anyway.  I've pretty much given up
on archiving to dvd.  It turns out I was making dozens of discs that I
never watched.  If I get the itch to watch a particular show again I can
just set it to re-record anyways.  Most shows are on ad nauseum.

Rick