[mythtv-users] Prevent myth from updating the default channel?

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:53:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have some channels on my mythtv setup that do not run 24/7, and a
large number of channels that I need to test and delete those that do
not work, when I select a channel that does not work or is not
running, I get a video error message, but when I go back to "watch tv"
it tries to go to the same channel, so I am trapped on that channel
and have to use the setup program to change the default/initial
channel back to a working one.

Is there any way to disable the feature completely? I would actually
prefer myth to go to the same channel each time i select "watch tv".

Thanks
Andy